Parish Pastoral Council
Parish Pastoral Council Nominations
One sign of an actively engaged parish is its ability on a continuous basis to raise up men and women willing to provide leadership for the community. Leadership does have a cost of both time and energy. It is therefore important that leadership continue to rotate every few years. This allows for new ideas and energy to infuse the parish.
Parish Pastoral Council is a consultative body that helps the Archbishop and his designee, the pastor, to keep a finger on the pulse of the life of the parish. Council members are, first and foremost, spiritual leaders of the parish for, from our faith, all other activities flow. They also consult on issues of everyday business and physical plant management for the parish.
Parish Pastoral Council nominations are now being accepted for both Saints Peter and Paul and Our Lady of the Sacred Heart Parishes. Beginning this year and every year from this point forward, Parish Pastoral Council will replace 3-4 positions through the nominations process. On Pentecost, the birthday of the Church, we will select randomly through the power of the Holy Spirit those to join the respective councils.
Nominees must meet the following requirements:
1. Must be an active, registered member of the parish.
2. Attends Mass every Sunday (barring illness)
3. Involved in the life of the parish in some way (Ministers for Mass, Athletics, grounds, Mission
4. Must be respected in the community —someone others could look up to as a model of faith.
5. Willing to serve a 3 year term that meets about 9-10 times a year plus attending other ministry
meetings when necessary.
6. Age: 16 or older.
Whom should you nominate? Think about the activities you are involved in and then look to see if anyone from your ministry is represented. If not, think about nominating someone or yourself.
Nominations should reflect the diversity of the parish in terms of age, gender, and race.
How to Nominate
Please provide the following information and email it to email@example.com or in a sealed envelope either drop in the collection basket or at the parish office. Nominations due by May 21, 2017.
1. Name of nominee
2. Phone number or address of nominee (if available)
3. What ministries/activities they are involved in.
4. Your name and a short explanation of why you think they would make a good Parish Council Member.